Requirements for Solemnization of Marriage in the Philippine Consulate General
  1. Male and Female who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of marriage;
  2. Both parties must be Filipino nationals;
  3. Valid Philippine passports of both parties;
  4. Duly accomplished Application for Marriage; (notarization of each application is MOP220.00)
  5. Marriage License;
  6. Two witnesses;
  7. Marriage Contract: MOP525.00.
 Requirements for Issuance of Marriage License
  • Marriage license is valid for 120 days from the date of issuance. It is not required where a man and a woman have lived together for at least five (5) years as husband and wife without the benefit of marriage and have no legal impediment to marry each other. In such case, in lieu of marriage license the parties are required to execute a Joint Affidavit of Cohabitation.
  1. Original PSA-issued Birth Certificates of the contracting parties
  2. Original PSA-issued Certificate of No Marriage Record (CENOMAR) issued not more than 60 days from date of intended   marriage
  3. Valid Philippine passports of contracting parties
  4. Macau Card of one or both parties
 Additional Requirements

Parental Consent – If either or both of the contracting parties are between 18 to 21 years old, the parents of the contracting party or parties must execute an affidavit of consent, executed in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths (E.O. 209 Art. 14)

Parental Advice – If either or both of the contracting parties are between 21  to 25 years old, he or she execute an affidavit that parental advice was sought together with the written advice given (E.O. 209 Art. 15)

Naturalization Documents – If either or both parties are naturalized Filipino (by-election or recognition) or has reacquired Philippine citizenship (RA 9225)

With previous marriage annulled:

  • Court Order and Certificate of Finality - If either or both parties has/have married before and the marriage was annulled or declared null and void, such party or parties must secure a court order annulling or declaring the previous marriage as null and void and such order must be duly authenticated by DFA.
  • DFA authenticated marriage contract of previous marriage with annotation on annulment.
Joint Affidavit of Cohabitation – If the contracting parties lived as husband and wife for a period of not less than five (5) years without any legal impediment to marry each other, the parties are required to execute an affidavit of cohabitation (forms can be obtained from the Consulate; MOP220.00 for the notarization fee) in lieu of a marriage license. If divorced: – If the divorce decree was obtained abroad, the Filipino spouse must: present to the PCG the DFA authenticated marriage certificate of previous marriage with proper annotation and Certificate of Finality of the Court Order recognizing the divorce decree obtained abroad.

If widowed: Please submit as appropriate:

  • Original PSA-issued Death Certificate of the deceased spouse.
  • If there is no record of the death of his or her spouse from DFA, he or she must present a certificate of fact of death duly notarized by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate having jurisdiction over the place where the document issued.
  • Court Order on Presumptive Death of Spouse and Certificate of Finality -Original PSA-issued marriage certificate of previous with proper annotation is required together with the Court Order and Certificate of finality.  

(A widow may not contract marriage within 301 days from the date of the death of her husband, or before having delivered if she shall have been pregnant at the time of his death).